Zoe P.Spyropoulou is a Greek attorney with more than twenty years of experience both as legal advisor and a litigator.
She joined the Law Firm of Triantafillos Mitsou, founded in 1957 by one of the most prestigious employment attorneys in Athens, right out of law school, where she excelled and was made partner. After T,Mitsou passed away in 2006, Zoe Spyropoulou resumed the firm under her own name until this day.
She is a PhD candidate with numerous publications in Greek and international legal magazines and is entrusted with legal research by the Universities in Berlin, Hannover and Regensburg in Germany.
She has worked,as is a legal advisor to the Council of Ministers of the Greek Government and is speaker in many international and greek legal conferences.
Since 1997 she lectures classes in English in the University of Athens on tort law, medical law and insurance law. She has taught medical law in various Universities in Germany. She has published articles, and books in english, greek and german. Her latest work will be published in the upcoming book on Medical Responsibility law in Greece.
Mrs Spyropoulou contributes to her local community, offering her services to individuals in need and is a fierce advocate of women’s rights and environmental issues.
While a renowned front-line litigator and tireless professional, she is also a wife and mother of three.
Legal studies and Research
- University ; of Athens Law School (LL.B ) ; ;
- Edinburgh ; University in Great Britain (LL.M in ; European and Commercial Law)
- University ; of Athens Law School (Ph.D. candidate);
- Freie ; Universität Berlin in Germany: Research on insurance law
- Leibniz ; Universitä t ; Hannover in Germany: research on medical responsibility
- 1991-1992 ; Research for the University of Athens Law School on “Regulating the ; functioning of Greek Representative Bodies from the foundation of the ; Greek State until this day”.
Scholarships and Grants
- 1990 Katholiek ; Universiteit Leuven n Belgium Erasmus Program of the European Union ; Scholarship.
- 1994-1995 “Oikonomidis” foundation scholarship ; through the University of Athens.
- National scholarship ; of the Greek National Scholarships Foundation (IKY) 1996
- National scholarship ; of the Greek National Scholarships Foundation (IKY) 1997
- National scholarship ; of the Greek National Scholarships Foundation (IKY) 1998
- National scholarship ; of the Greek National Scholarships Foundation (IKY) 1999
- 2001 grant for ; research, European Union ELPIS program
- 2000 Japanese State ; SASAKAWA scholarship.
Admissions and Memberships
- The ; Athens Bar Association
- The ; Greek Appellate Courts
- The ; Greek Supreme Court
- Currently: ; Preparation for the New York Bar exams.
Conference Lectures – University Lectures
Medical law conferences
Tort, medical law University of Athens
Medical Law in the Resenburg University in Germany, 1998.
Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Board of Ministers. 1992.
Special legal Correspondent for Greece in the International Social Security Association (ISSA).
Active member to the “Maragopoulos Foundation for Human Rights”
Active member to the “Women’s Rights Association”.
Member to the IWorld Association of Medical Law (WAML).
Member of the Greek Institute for research on Legal Procedures (I.D.ME)
Greek representative on the TRENTO program on comparative law in the Countries European Community (“The common core of European private law “) and representative of Greece in numerous publications.
Adoption in Greece ( chapter 2) of “Family Law in Greece by Ismene Androulidakis-Dimitriadis, published by Cluver Law international, 2010
“The role of private insurance in the social protection of citizen s” , Labour Law Bulletin, July 2001 and Private Insurance Legal Bulletin 1997.
“ Enforceability of a promise ” Cambridge University Press 2001 under the supervision of James Gordley, Shannon Cecil Turner Professor of Jurisprudence at the University of California at Berkeley.
Complex liability” ( under publication) under the supervision of G.P.Monateri.